Monday 1 February 2016

Cornish Game Hens

 
It seemed like a lot of people who I spoke to over the holidays made the switch to Cornish Game Hens for their Christmas Feast instead of a turkey.  I have never eaten or cooked Cornish Game Hens, so I thought I would pick up a couple for a weekend dinner treat.  I searched a few recipes and seasoned mine with the every handy fresh herb Poultry mix of sage, Italian parsley, rosemary, and thyme.  I also used some chicken broth, salt, pepper, and garlic.  I had some leftover wild rice, so I made up a stuffing with onions, celery, shitake mushrooms.  Stuffing the hens was interesting as they are so small.  I roasted them in the oven at 375 F until the thermometer said they were done.  (about an hour and a half).
 
All in all, we weren't overly thrilled with them.  They were good, but we wouldn't make them again.  We felt they were really greasy and would prefer chicken or turkey.   In fact, our favorite Christmas dinner was when we made a stuffed sockeye salmon....maybe I will bring that back next December...
 
 
 
Cornish Game Hens

No comments:

Post a Comment