Wednesday 15 August 2018

Curried Chickpea Salad

A vegetarian friend of mine brought a chickpea salad sandwich to the beach a few summers ago.  I thought that this would be a refreshing change from the usual proteins I use, such as egg, tuna, salmon, chicken, and shrimp to make my protein salad sandwiches/wraps.  I was very excited when I stumbled across this recipe from "Oh She Glows" as the chickpea salad has been in the back of my brain to try to make for a few years.  This recipe seemed even better upon reading it as it has some excellent flavour additions.  Alas, the time came to make it and it was worth the wait!  I was fine just eating it as is without crackers, but crackers are a nice touch.  I think it would be excellent served on cucumber circles, too!  I can see myself making this with my classes or for my own lunches.  The recipe in the cookbook has a nice variation to omit the cilantro, ginger, turmeric, and curry powder and to add in fresh dill and more lemon juice.  It says that is can be frozen for up to a month as well, but this is too delicious to freeze.  I can eat it all in 3-4 days!  Yet - another keeper!!  I hope you try it out!

http://www.oprah.com/food/curried-chickpea-salad-recipe

PS  I also tried making a Vietnamese Chicken Salad, but I can't remember from which magazine I got the recipe.  It is good too - diced chicken with grated carrot, chopped mint, mayo, minced shallots, chili garlic sauce, sugar, grated ginger, fish sauce, lime juice and zest, salt and pepper.  when I find the magazine, I will update this post.   This recipe will tie in nicely to my Foods program when we discuss Fusion Foods as well as designing our own protein salads!  FUN!

Curried Chickpea salad on Crackers


Top View

No comments:

Post a Comment