Wednesday 19 August 2015

Bulletproof Coffee, simpler version

I am attempting once again to take a break from dairy.  I am not; however, taking a break from coffee!  I have learned to like drinking my coffee plain with nothing added, but I do prefer it with some milk or creaminess to it.  I have tried almond milk in it (not my thing) as well as coconut milk (yum!).

My sources have told me to try out a variation of 'bulletproof coffee' by blending one cup of brewed coffee with a teaspoon of coconut oil.  So, I tried that this morning.  It was good.  I liked the creaminess and how frothy the coffee got.  Would I do it again?  Maybe....  I didn't see much difference in taste from just adding in coconut milk to my coffee.  Plus, now I have to clean the blender...The frothiness might be worth it on a weekend when I have more time.

If you are taking a break from dairy or want to try something a little different, it is worth a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment