Monday 24 August 2015

Banana Nut Porridge

Ah yes, another recipe from Danielle Walker, and the Against All Grain cookbook.

http://againstallgrain.com/2013/01/04/banana-nut-porridge/

This one is pretty simple to make, but one needs to plan ahead to soak the nuts overnight AND to have a ripe banana on hand.  I was surprised by how close the texture was to my regular oatmeal porridge, and I was very surprised at how filling this bowl of porridge was.  There was no need for a morning snack...I was kept full until lunch time!  I loved the sweetness of both the banana and cinnamon.  I don't think I would change anything.  I thought about adding some fresh fruit on top, but I am glad that I did not as I was pretty full.  My only complaint would be that there are a few dishes to wash as there is the bowl for soaking the nuts, the food processor as well as the saucepan.  For those looking for a gluten free breakfast, I do recommend giving this a go.




Banana Porridge


No comments:

Post a Comment