Sunday 22 November 2015

Spanakopita Loaded Potatoes and Spinach Feta Bread

My husband likes to make the Spinach Feta Bread pictured below.  I must admit that I have never made it as it is his speciality.  We don't buy the frozen dough...we make our own.  A little hint is to find a bread dough recipe that uses milk and not water as it turns out even better!  I thought I would include it in this blog as the filling is very similar to that of the spanakopita loaded potatoes.  If you have extra filling from the bread, use it up in a twice baked potato or two!

Our school library subscribes to the Eating Well magazine, and I have to admit I quite like it.  This is a recipe that I found and wanted to try.  I do a very basic twice baked potato with my grade 8 classes that just has cheddar, sour cream, milk and green onions in it.  After seeing this recipe, I thought I would demo both so that they could see a variation.  I had some leftover supplies from my demo for the lab, and I had a few students ask to make the spanakopita ones.  Those who tried both could not decide which one was better.  I like the texture and flavours of the spanakopita one, and of course I like that there is the added nutrition of the spinach!  It is great to make a bunch of these and have them around for a quick breakfast, lunch, snack or side dish.  I can see myself making these again in the future.  I don't think I would change much with the recipe.  I thought I might try to swap sour cream for the cream cheese or add in some chopped artichokes, but that is as far as I would go.  I LOVE the spinach/feta combo!   All in all, another great find!



http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/spanakopita_loaded_potatoes.html

Spanakopita Loaded Potato





http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/spinach-feta-bread

Spinach Feta Bread rising

The finished loaf!

A slice of bread to accompany dinner...

No comments:

Post a Comment