Wednesday 4 November 2015

Baked Chicken Fingers

 
I am in the process of developing a recipe for my Grade 8 Foods classes as I would like to teach them how to make homemade chicken fingers baked in the oven.  So far....what has worked well is to coat the chicken in flour then egg then a mixture of panko crumbs and spices.  I used garlic powder, salt, pepper and am going to add in chili powder next time.  I am going to allow my students to choose between bread crumbs or panko crumbs.
 
So far...I have:
 
 
1 chicken breast, cut into equal sized pieces
 
30 mL flour
 
1/2 egg
 
125 mL bread crumbs OR panko crumbs
 
2.5 mL garlic
 
1/2 mL each of salt, pepper, and chili powder
 
I am going to get them to bake them at 400 F turning after about ten minutes of baking.  Total time will be about 20 minutes.
 
I didn't take a photo of the finished product, but they turned out really well - nice and golden brown.  I think I will add a bit of oil to the parchment paper so they are not too dry for the students.  I can't wait to see what they think....we will make a homemade honey mustard and cut up some veggies on the side as well - yum!
 
For home, I will make extra next time and pop them in the freezer after they are cooked to make for an easy, healthy meal or snack solution when I am rushed! 
 
PS  This 3 way dipping works well for pork and fish too - fyi!  Fish sticks...schnitzel...etc.
 
 

 
 
 
The Set Up

Finished Product prior to Baking

No comments:

Post a Comment