Tuesday 26 May 2015

Crockpot Thai Beef Stew with Cauliflower Rice

Spicy!  Spicy, yet delicious!   This week's recipe can be found using the following link:

http://againstallgrain.com/2014/07/07/crockpot-paleo-thai-stew/

(If you are interested in the cauliflower rice, there are a ton of websites and videos on-line to peruse to discover how to perform this technique as well as many recipes to accommodate your taste buds.  Basically, you food process cauliflower into rice and then sauté it with various seasonings and add herbs.)

For the purpose of this week's blog, I am going to focus on the Thai Beef Stew as that was the new part for me.  I loved that dinner was all ready to go when I got home as this recipe uses a slow cooker.  I did feel that there was a lot of preparation for a morning, so I would do some prep work the night before next time.  Next time, we would consider using chicken thighs instead of beef, adding in more vegetables such as peppers or celery, and we would use way less curry paste...perhaps half of the suggested amount...  We both loved that the beef was very tender and flavourful.  It reminded me of a more traditional curry and not stew.  I was reminded of Ethiopian restaurants where I have dined in both Edmonton and Vancouver.  The texture brought me right back to those two experiences instantly.  Wild!

All in all, a perfect meal for a Monday as it created leftovers for lunch and dinner the next day!  Gotta love when that happens!



Thai Beef Stew with Cauliflower Rice

2 comments:

  1. Made this tonight. Had to add a splash of water near the end and added onion at the end too. Alex and Dan liked it and it smelled delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad they liked it! Yes - it turns out thick. Did you add the recommended amount of curry paste? I am going to tone mine down next time.

    ReplyDelete