Thursday 9 July 2015

Honeydew Melon Agua Fresca

Looking for a different beverage to serve to a group?  This honeydew melon agua might be your answer.  Don't like honeydew melon?  No problem....you can still use the recipe with other fruit.

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/honeydew_melon_agua_fresca.html

I liked this recipe as it was refreshing and different.  The intention of the recipe is to use up leftover fruit, but I didn't have any.  I cheated a bit and bought pre-cut honeydew melon.  The deli at Superstore has a three pack of cut up fruit for $6.98.  An added bonus is that  the honeydew section  was EXACTLY 3 cups and I did not have to fuss with seeds, etc., not to mention that a whole honeydew was $4.98 at that time.  I reduced the sugar even more and used half of the recommended amount.  I love the fresh lime in the recipe as well as it makes it even more refreshing.  As a variation, I also tried this shaken with  tequila and served over ice - martini style..it was unique and very tasty!   The recipe makes a large container and it is best used in a day or so, so I recommend making this for a group of people or for company.  I will make this occasionally if I have company, perhaps for a Mexican Night.   It is a nice treat, but I could see myself tiring of it if it was always around.  I think I will try pineapple next time or maybe I can try it with some peaches in the next week or two....Cheers!



Honeydew Melon Agua Fresca



No comments:

Post a Comment