Tuesday 1 December 2015

Szechuan Beans

Yum - a family favorite when dining out for sure!  I have tried variations of these a few times, but my recipe has been simpler.  I simply sautéed minced garlic and ginger...added in some beans (from my garden!!), and then finished the sauce with soy sauce, chili sauce and sesame oil.  They were good but never quite the same as the restaurant.

I am very saddened to say that perhaps deep frying the beans for 45 seconds makes the difference.  I am also convinced that the rice vinegar is now mandatory in the recipe!  I am not convinced that the hoisin needs to be in there, but I can give it another shot.  My next step....try this sauce recipe without deep frying the beans first!  Aren't you proud?   I have now learned to follow a recipe word for word the first time!  Whatever I try....Szechuan beans will never be off our menu!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/guy-fieri/szechuan-green-beans-recipe.html
 
 
Szechuan Beans

No comments:

Post a Comment